Metallics, Fancy Friday Blog Hop


Metal-look embellishments never fail to catch the eye.  Whether its a ribbon, doily, washi tape, heat embossed image, foil paper or a scatter of sequins - a pop of metallics adds instant shine and glamour to a project!

Today, my Fancy Friday friends and I, are bringing you a heap of sparkly ideas.  Follow along with our hop to see some bright and creative paper projects!

For my project today, I reached for the silver fireworks style pattern from the Year of Cheer speciality paper - perfect for a New Years card.  I added layers of silver foil, some retired pool party metallic ribbon, shiny black sequins and a silver thread bow.

I usually use metallics much more sparingly - what do you think?  Too much or just right for this celebratory theme?


The beautiful big 'celebrate' sentiment comes from the Happy Celebrations stamp set. To achieve the two tone, I first carefully dabbed the bottom of the stamp on the Rich Razzleberry ink pad and then dabbed the top half with Memento black before stamping on whisper white.

I felt like I needed just a little extra razzleberry somewhere to tie it all together, so I daubed a delicate doily in the tone (this seems to be my go-to favourite technique at the moment!)

Now I know you are going to want to see some more sparkle and shine!  Be sure to click the link below to see what the brilliant Cathy Caines from Canada has to share with you.


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Happy Celebrations
Inks: Memento Black, Rich Razzleberry
Papers: Whisper White, Year of Cheer, Pool Party, Silver Foil
Accessories/Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Pool Party Metallic Ribbon (retired), Mini Sequin Trim (Black), Silver Thread, Delicate Doily, Stampin' Sponge


 THE CRAFTY CARROT CO

This January:
1 Stamp set
4 Artisan award winners
4 weeks
4 live classes


Exclusive video project tutorials, plenty of inspiration and fun challenges!  
Secure your subscription today!

1 comment

  1. So perfect! I tend to use metallics more sparingly as well but I think the black grounded it and the Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry made it look soft and stunning. Gorgeous!
    Maria Willis

    ReplyDelete